Fix Those Potholes! Five Reasons to Hire a Professional Paving Company in Middlesex County, MA This SpringMay 8, 2017 2:44 pm Leave your thoughts
Potholes can form due to poor asphalt installation, age, regular use, normal wear and tear, lack of maintenance or harsh weather. No matter the cause of a pothole formation, getting it fixed immediately is your best bet at preventing a much more extensive problem later on. After inspecting your driveway, walkways or parking lot for potholes, you might need to consult a paving company in Middlesex County, MA.
Here are five reasons you should hire asphalt repair and paving professionals this spring:
- Stop damage from worsening: If you look at a little hole in your asphalt driveway or parking lot and think it’s not a big deal, think again. In time, small holes will grow bigger and uglier. Water gets in under the surface, which leads to a weakened base asphalt layer. This is where the damage begins. To prevent further damage to the asphalt, call a pro to come make repairs.
- Beautify the area: When the rains have gone and the warm spring sun arrives, it’s time to plan property improvements. Good curb appeal is an important home and business feature that raises property value. It gives your guests or customers a great first impression. For this reason, you should check the state of your asphalt surfaces. Repair potholes and other damage, but also consider sealcoating asphalt for added protection.
- Prevent vehicle damage: Asphalt damage anywhere can be a problem, but this is especially the case on high traffic roads. Because you are traveling faster, street potholes can cause even more severe vehicle damage than parking lot potholes. The angle at which you hit a pothole is likely to determine the type of damage—your vehicle could suffer a major wheel misalignment, torn tire rubber and even popped tires. Furthermore, the presence of holes of any size means loose gravel is nearby. Gravel pieces get kicked up by car tires all the time, and flying gravel can break your auto glass or scratch the body paint.
- Improve pedestrian safety: In addition to vehicles, pedestrian safety is also at risk when potholes are not fixed. The raised edges of holes of all sizes and depths are trip hazards—tripping can lead to falling, twisted ankles and dropped items. What’s more is that you could find yourself in legal trouble should someone sustain serious injuries from a trip on your property.
- Avoid expensive repairs in the future: It’s better for everyone that you think long-term when making pothole repairs, but especially for yourself. Fight the urge to spend less now on fast, temporary repairs, and don’t ignore asphalt damage. You will just end up with more costly repair bills, because the longer you wait to repair, the bigger the holes will get and the worse the damage will be.
Whether you are in need of maintenance assistance or asphalt repair, it’s important that you seek help from a professional paving company in Middlesex County, MA to avoid potential problems this spring. Luckily, the team at Cooper Bros Asphalt Paving Inc. is experienced in all things asphalt for residential and commercial properties. Don’t hesitate to contact us anytime!
Categorised in: Paving Contractor
This post was written by Writer