Reasons to Repave Your Apartment Parking Lot with Asphalt: Info from an Asphalt Contractor in Middlesex County, MANovember 5, 2016 8:12 pm Leave your thoughts
If you own an apartment or rental property, you understand just how important it is to keep your property in outstanding condition to keep current tenants satisfied and to attract new tenants. While a lot of your attention is going to be focused on in-unit amenities, don’t forget the exterior of your building! For example, a well-paved asphalt parking lot can have a lot of benefits for apartment owners.
Here are just a few reasons you should consider repaving your apartment parking lot with the assistance of an asphalt contractor in Middlesex County, MA:
- Keep your tenants happy: Keeping current tenants happy should be near the top of your priority list as a property manager. This will reduce the amount of turnover you have to deal with in your apartment, while also saving you money by helping to vacancy costs. A well-maintained asphalt lot will help tenants to avoid doing any damage to their vehicles and prevent people from tripping over cracks and potholes.
- Cost effective: Asphalt is a particularly excellent choice because it is cost effective. Concrete is significantly more expensive, and also requires much more work to install. Asphalt work can be completed quickly.
- Great for cold weather climates: Massachusetts gets a lot of snow, and asphalt is made to handle wintery conditions. It is flexible enough to tolerate regular freezing and thawing cycles. The black color of asphalt also attracts heat, which helps to speed up the melting of snow. Because it is a smoother, more uniform surface, it also prevents damage done to your snow blower or plow.
- Bring in new tenants: Tenants who are visiting new properties are going to be turned off if they see a parking lot that is old, badly cracked and filled with weeds and potholes. It reflects poorly on you as a property manager, as it indicates that you do not take care of your properties. The parking lot is likely one of the first parts of the property a tenant is going to see, so having a well-maintained lot can help you to make a great first impression on people who are interested in living in one of your units.
- Valuable ROI: There are plenty of ways in which an asphalt parking lot can deliver an excellent return on investment. For one, it will increase your curb appeal and the value of your property as a whole, which is important if you ever decide you’re going to sell off your property. It also could potentially allow you to increase rent, while also avoiding potential personal injury claims that could result from slips and falls due to damaged pavement. Finally, asphalt pavement can last for 20 years or more if you keep up with maintenance, which makes it an extremely affordable option while still giving you all these benefits.
For more information about the benefits of asphalt paving, contact a trusted asphalt contractor in Middlesex County, MA today. Cooper Bros. Asphalt Paving Inc. looks forward to working with you!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by admin